Monday, April 28, 2008

Mat of La Mancha

I am the Mat Quixote.
I tilt at the windmills of depression.
I do battle with the demons of others.
It is a war that I must wage.
At stake is my sanity.
I wish to champion their cause and somehow find worth in myself.
My enemies lay in wait.
They hide in the dark recesses of desire.
Their poison tipped arrows aimed at my heart fail to penetrate my shell.
My vulnerability is the armor I wear.
My love is the power I wield.
Though it is their conflict, it is my cause.
I shall prevail.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd be happier as an idiot following another delusional idiot, especially an idiot with kindly delusions, like yourself. I'll be Sancho Panza.

Anonymous said...

Yes, you will prevail. Mat, I'm so sorry to hear about Kym. I've had to endure this kind of shit too (my father), and I know how awful it is to deal with. I'm glad that Nikita's doing better and hope that Kym will be also, soon.

Wish I could give you something more, but all I can send are warm thoughts and lots of sympathies to you from Switzerland. Take care, Sancho.

l@rstonovich said...

amen.