Sunday, April 20, 2008



The uneasiness started on my way to the freeway. It had been a wonderful day and evening at my muses in the city. She had made some bad ass coffee and it was doing its job well. Wide awake and aware. Somethings not right though. There's a pain in the left arm and wrist that comes and goes then comes back again. The nausea follows and some tightness in the chest threatens to squeeze off all breath. Then the flitters and flutters. Dizziness and a vague sense of fear start to set in. At home the pacing and confusion start. Go to the hospital or go to sleep? A decision has to be made and is. It may be embarrassing but it's just too obvious that something is terribly wrong. The symptoms worsen on the way to the hospital. At the emergency room an ekg is taken and the signals come out screwy. Everything starts to mellow out at just about the time the IV is inserted. The rest of the night is spent in fitful sleep. No work last week for Mat.

13 comments:

Thomas Moronic said...

Shit, Mat. I hope you're ok. I'm taking the fact that you've managed to post on your blog is a good sign, right? I'm thinking of you. Shoot me a message whenever you're feeling well enough to. No rush at all man. I hope you feel better as soon as.

Love
Thomas xx

JoeM said...

Get well soon !

No more dairy!

Anonymous said...

Dear Mat,

Best thoughts, get better. You remind me of a very dear friend of mine, and I'll admit my soft spot for ya. Take it easy brother.

l@rstonovich said...

Mat,

serious well wishes to you from up north. get yr bad ass up at at'em soon my brother!

Shai W. Thanatos said...

MAT

Get plenty of rest and don't push it too soon. We'll think about you in our dreams. Chew em up and eat em.

Get well soon.

Shai

Sypha said...

Mat, sad to hear about that, hope your health improves soon.

-James

Nicki said...

jesus, i'm so sorry to hear that, i really hope you're doing ok. get well soon so you can get back on to that blog pronto and we can make a fuss of you! but first of all get plenty of rest and take care of yourself.
lots and lots of love xxx

l@rstonovich said...

yeah, action mat, maybe this is some enforced rest...time to catch up on some books and movies you missed when you were out and about blowing things up...

so glad your home and ok.

Anonymous said...

Mat, What the fuck. Jesus, man, do what the doctors say and get yourself right by whatever means possible. My blog misses you. I miss you and love you a lot. Dennis

math t said...

feel better dude! i'm sure you will soon.

xo, math+

heliotrope said...

whoa...Mat...I just learned about this...you are okay aren't you? What's the deal? Ticker? Anxiety? What? I'm here...if you need anything let me know and I'll get up there...love you Mat...I'll write you properly later...yeah take care of yourself....
xxoo, M

heliotrope said...

oh I forgot to mention the obvious....you are a picture taking fool! You even took a pic of yourself in the hospital...Mat! That's too crazy good...and it's an important pic too...you know...now don't get any ideas about stuff like "Clowny Goes The Hospital" okay?
peace

Anonymous said...

A New Earth - Eckhart Tolle :) I love you lots... peace & love to you!