Sunday, March 18, 2007

Blogging

In order to reach somebody I missed and wanted to say hi to , I had to start a blog. When he suggested I actually contribute. I figured "Why not?"I feel the need to write out my thoughts. Here's the rub.I find my writing to be clod like,unsophisticated, and scattered. It's the same feeling I get when I play guitar. My head tells me "You're an impostor! Leave these things to real artists !" In most things I have no end of self confidence. However when it comes to creativity I become incredibly self conscious. But then again, this ain't about art or creativity. Or is it? I think it's about letting some of this shit out of my head. Which brings up another thing. What if someone actually reads this?Or more precisely someone I know.How open and vulnerable do I want to get?You know what?FUCK IT !!! I'll continue to babble on. Maybe someone will read this and comment or maybe I'll just have a record of some of my ramblings.Hopefully both.

3 comments:

l@rstonovich said...

hey Mat...

i've been a regular on Dennis' blog since last fall...

i know what you mean about blogs, I'm constantly opening and up and then second guessing and making them private and starting new ones...either way I've met a ton of cool people cos of it...so yeah...it's cool yr an old buddy of Dennis...his blog is an inspiration..

Mat said...

Yeah blogging's a new thing for me. But you know, why not?
It really has been great finding Dennis again. It's amazing how he still evokes a sense of warmth and acceptance in me. He, and his entire family have always done that for me. There's no doubt, He's a special one.

Anonymous said...

dad i have learned that there is no reason to be self conscience in your own creativity, the only thing u are doing by hindering it by being self conscience is #1 letting yourself down and #2 letting others down in ur life by not really being who u are inside and thats just not fair to u or the people in ur life does that make sense<---my own self conscience at a creative moment truth haha :)